2. He has purchased some goods but later he demanded a refund. What will happen if the shopkeeper refuses to give him his money back?
It all depends on the reason for Mr. B's refusal. He is not entitled to a refund if:
• he has just changed his mind about the item purchased;
• before confirming his order, he was told that the goods were damaged or the fault was so obvious that he should have noticed it;
• he damaged the goods by himself;
• he subsequently altered the goods (e.g. took up the hem on a skirt); or
• he has kept the goods for quite a long time without letting the seller know that there was something wrong with the goods (see: Acceptance and Rejection of Goods).